Nigerian e-hailing drivers association and concerned citizens picketed outside holding signs demanding "Justice for Isaac. Photo: EWN.

By our reporter
As the trial of suspects in the killing of a Nigerian Bolt driver Isaac David Satlat got under way Monday in Pretoria South Africa, a fourth suspect has turned himself in to the police.
The 22-year-old Satlat was killed last week Wednesday after suspected car hijackers hailed his cab and strangled him while driving. His dash cam captured the gruesome murder and two suspects a female and two males were arrested.
The suspects, a 25-year-old woman and two men aged 26 and 30 appeared in a Pretoria Magistrate Court on Monday, they waived their rights to bail and were remanded in prison.
The trio are charged with premeditated murder and robbery with aggravating circumstances. Police spokesperson Colonel Mavela Masondo says the fourth suspect will also face charges of kidnapping and murder.
He said the female suspect was arrested on February 13, while the two male suspects were picked up over the weekend.
Satlat was an automotive engineering student who was due to graduate next month. According to family members cited in local media, he had been planning to relocate to Canada to continue his studies.
Relatives have appealed for assistance to repatriate his body to Nigeria for burial. A family representative described the killing as a criminal act and urged that it is not framed as a national dispute.

Share On Social Media